Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Finishing up one project, starting another

I didn't get a heck of a lot done today, because I spent the night last night with my boyfriend in the ER. It is my considered opinion that I never ever ever want to have a kidney stone. If I'm going to have that kind of pain, it is going to be in measurable waves, I'm getting 9 months to psych myself up for it, and I'm getting a baby out of the deal. Luckily, this too shall pass.

I did have time to wash and hem the White Scarves. I'll get individual pictures taken tomorrow so I can get them up in the shop, but here is a shot of them draped over my weaving bench.




And here is one more, closer up this time. I have them rolled up, and a light behind them so you can see the patterns. It is great fun to be able to get this many different patterns from one threading. I like using them as a sampler. Some of these would be absolutely gorgeous as yardage to make a doublet with, don't you think?


I spent some time folding up the floor loom, and setting the triloom back up. I also balled up the yarn I bought for the next shawl. It is hard to get a good color representation under artificial lights, but this should give you the idea. The shawl should have a lovely harvest feel to it. I can picture it in my mind...now I just have to get it out of my brain and into my hands. Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. White scarves are lovely!!! I love the bright fall colors you're using for your next shawl.

    Hope your boy friend is better. I'm like you never having a kidney stone. Something I don't even want to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I got the weaving on the shawl started last night--mostly planning out the color changes. Hopefully I'll get a good bunch of it done today.

    The boyfriend is hopped up on vicodin right now, so things aren't bad. It will be over soon. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete