Sunday, December 18, 2011

Late night cooking: scrambled egg and sardine sandwich

My taste buds are very happy, and my tummy is wonderfully full. Ahhh...comfort food. No, there are no pictures with this because I didn't think it would be so tasty while I was rummaging around the kitchen.

It is 2 in the morning, and I'm just thinking about getting sleepy, but I had the munchies. Now, I could have some chips, or some ice cream, but I wanted something with at least a slightly closer resemblance to real food. So I went up and rummaged around the kitchen until inspiration struck, and I came up with this surprisingly nummy sandwich:

Egg and Sardine Sandwich

Ingredients:
2 slices bread
1 egg
1/2 tin sardines, diced
cayenne pepper
1 slice American cheese
butter

Melt a tbs or so of butter in a skillet. Toss in your bread, and toast it until lightly golden. Remove from pan. Add the egg and the sardines into the skillet, and scramble them together until the eggs are cooked. Assemble the sandwich: Add half of the egg/sardine mixture to your bread, put in the slice of cheese, and stack the rest of the mixture on top of the cheese. Sprinkle to taste with cayenne pepper. Toss on the other slice of bread to make it a sandwich, and have at it.

EDIT: Ok, I tried this on my family at lunch today, and they all looked at me like I had grown another head. Evidently this is only really good if you already like sardines. Which they don't. (Well, I still liked it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment