Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Celtica! singing group

I'm going to decide that singing fits into the crafty/artsy side of my life, as it is definitely creative. Tonight I took myself off to a rehearsal of the group Celtica!, at the Irish Cultural Center in Pheonix, AZ. I have a friend who sings with the group, and he let me know that they had a couple of open spots for new members. So I brushed off my sight singing skills, warmed up in the car on the way there by singing at the top of my lungs with the radio, and gave it a shot.

I'm in.

I do, however, have a heck of a lot of catching up to do. The group has been singing together for awhile now. And we have a performance in a few weeks on the 11th. So I've got a folder full of music, and a piano, and time before the next rehearsal to brush up on my part. Ready? Go!!

Here's a couple of videos of the group on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bradesh#p/u/7/Wtz8RaqEHS0
http://www.youtube.com/user/bradesh#p/u/6/5MKSPg8YztU

No comments:

Post a Comment