Sunday, March 1, 2020

Prepping for moving

We're making progress on buying our new house. The home inspection came back with no major deal breakers, just a list of 'to-do's' for once we move in, and some negotiating points. Next up is the appraisal. Once we pass that hurdle, we've got clear sailing!

And so, I'm in the process of de-cluttering and de-stashing my current house and studio. The new place is going to be smaller than this one. And, well, I've been living in this same place for about 24 years now. Perhaps not entirely surprisingly, I've accumulated a LOT of stuff. Other folks have moved, and gifted us bits they weren't taking. I've gathered neat useful stuff that I am going to get to one of these days. (Those have been sitting there for years now. One of these days hasn't happened.) I've got this archaelogical dig type layers on layers of stuff of who I have been over the past few decades. I've raised my kids here. I've had I don't know how many different hobbies here.

ALL THE STUFF.

I've got a sale and give-away going over on Facebook, and am taking bags over to Goodwill. And I've hardly touched it all.

Wish me luck!! There are a lot of ghosts of dreams past to work through during this process.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! You may be surprised how LIBERATED you will feel after you ditch a lot of the clutter. It was revolutionary when we moved to Iowa 10 years ago. Things I never thought I would be rid of simply could not make the move. and then I did not miss them. Also, it offers the opportunity to buy new stuff... things that will be more practical and useful. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really enjoying watching folks as they take my unused items, and just light up with the treasures they found.

      Delete