Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Cloth Napkins

Vacation's over. Back to work! I'm testing out a new weaving pattern with a batch of cloth napkins for my own use. I made myself a batch a few years ago, and I love using them. So I want more.

Come to think of it, how many of you use cloth napkins? Or do you use the disposable paper ones? I've got single use vs. reuseable items on the brain currently. See, we went to the Museum of Natural History in New York City for part of our vacation. And I saw a video documenting our world population growth over time.
 
Let me see..... YouTube to the rescue. This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUwmA3Q0_OE

And it is hard to miss the discussions over human induced climate change. And also the impact that our society's habit of using single use items is having on the environment. So I've been thinking of what I can do to make a tiny bit of difference. I feel so helpless sometimes, you know? I'm just a weaver. But...what I can do, I ought to do. And I can weave napkins. My own little push against the darkness.

Still chewing on the ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I just recently made a batch of napkins
    Was surprised that a bunch sold right away
    I really like them myself

    ReplyDelete