Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Threading the Heddles


I'm still working on getting my loom warped up for the next set of ruanas. I've dyed the yarn, sleyed it through the reed, and today I'm in the process of threading the heddles. To do this part, I have to take the back beam off and sit down right inside the loom. That puts things at a really convenient angle to work with. And I even have a head rest of sorts.

  


Here's my view from inside the loom. Each individual piece of yarn gets threaded through the eye of one of those metal heddles. That makes it so I can raise and lower various threads when I get to the actual weaving portion of the project.

This part of the process though? It is kind of tedious. And I can only work for about a half of an hour before my legs fall asleep. So it is kind of slow going today, as I keep getting up and then getting distracted by this bright shiny thing called the internet...

Oh yeah. Internet. Like what I'm doing right now. Off the computer and back to work!!

2 comments:

  1. It must be blissful sitting and working there, i have a great weakness for craft tools and workplaces, and yours looks so inviting to me. Happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you stopped by, Karen. :) I hope you'll come visit more often.

    I did a tour of my studio early last year. I've decluttered and streamlined a bit, but it is basically the same. So, picture me here: http://tangibledaydreams.blogspot.com/2011/07/tour-of-my-studio.html

    ReplyDelete