Monday, April 6, 2020

Just keep packing... Just keep packing...



If you're following along, you know that a bit back we put an offer in on a new house. We got it!!! The papers are signed, all is in order. The folks who had it before us are there until the end of the month, to give them time to move to a different part of the state. But we get access to the out building that will be my new studio this coming week. Wheeee!

And so I am in the process of tearing down my current studio, and boxing it away. The cats are NOT AMUSED at the changes. I am alternately bouncing off the walls excited, and weepy at leaving here. I've been in this house for about a quarter of a century, and I don't like change very much. I'm rather like the cats in that fashion. Except I haven't gotten to the hissing part. Yet.

So, there is a lot of dust, and So Many Things to figure out what to do with. We're only moving about 20 minutes away, and my grown up kids will be still staying in the current house, so we can do the move a van load at a time. Which is a good thing. Because our plan had been to call in a couple of decades of moving kharma, and tag everyone we know to come haul boxes and lift furniture. But, well, there is a wee problem of a pandemic going on. It is awfully hard to have a moving party and social distance at the same time. So it is going to be up to us. Oy. I am going to have so many new muscles when I am done with this all! And I'm going to feel each and every one of them.

Stay tuned. After the move, there is going to be the new studio build. But first, all the packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment