Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year's moon rise

Happy New Year, all of you! This is how I started my year. After the wonderful hustle and bustle of the past several weeks, I took the day just off. The last stragglers from last night's party (I had maybe 60ish people here?) left after lunch, the kids got back to their respective homes, Brian went on over to the game day at our friends' place, and it was just me and Eric at home. I suggested we grab a bit to eat and head on over to the White Tanks for a picnic. And so that is what we did. We had time for a half hour hike before the sun set, and then spotted the full moon coming up as we were getting ready to head out of the park. And so, of course, I had to grab a picture. It was just stunning!

I love the times when I have all my friends and loved ones gathered, and we can take time to just revel in each other. And then, I love when they all wander back to their lives, and I can find stillness.

Today was for stillness.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! I love the stillness the best. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete