Friday, March 8, 2013

Estrella 2013 wrap up

I'm back from Estrella War, which was a week long historical recreation event put on by the Society for Creative Anachronism. There were about 3000 of us this time around, and I had a blast!!! I can't wait for next year when I can do it again. Perfect weather, wonderful people, great activities...I got so lost in the Middle Ages that I never wanted to come back. Estrella reminds me of the story of Brigadoon. A town arises out of the desert once a year, goes about its business, and disappears back into the dust.

Again????

I was too busy enjoying myself to take a whole lot of pictures, but I did get some of a small selection of the great amounts of arts and crafts that were being worked on, used, and displayed. Most of these were at an arts display on Saturday afternoon, with some around town heraldry, and a few shots of the felt boot class I taught. So, here is a small taste of the artistry that is being created in this wonderfully crazy group.
























Looking so forward to next year. I never wanted to come back.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your blog on Estrella! The others, too, I'm hoping to learn to weave soon, but Estrella. I have not been able to play for some years now, due to illness, and I really miss that. I live in Montana, so the February break from snow and ice was always welcome. I agree with you, though, about never wanting to come back. My travelling companions were always excited to get to a "real" restaurant, but it's such a culture shock for me, and not a nice one. Thanks for some great memories.

    ReplyDelete