I've been working on making a hand painted and hand woven cotton ruana. If you look back a few posts, you'll see the process that I went through.
Well, the weaving went surprisingly quickly, once I got it onto the loom. I was actually able to weave off the yardage in one day.
After I got it off the loom, I washed the fabric in the washing machine on hot, and then tossed it into the dryer. It came out of that with a lovely soft hand to the fabric. I cut the yardage into half, put the two rectangles next to each other, and sewed them together not quite halfway up the yardage. Then I hemmed the cut ends.
Today, I took my finished ruana out to Lake Pleasant, and took some pictures between rain squalls. (I set up the tripod, put the camera on a timer, and then ran back and forth from behind the camera to in front of it.) Here are my two favorites of the pictures.
I am super pleased with how this project came out! And I've done the initial calculations. If I make these for sale, I can put them in the Etsy shop at $335 each. I've got a few other projects on the docket before I can do a production run on these, but I do want to make some more. (Though, if I get a commission I'll certainly bump it up the to-do list.) It was fun to do, and I love, love, love the look and feel of this ruana.